soul and purpose

"Through my paintings I hope to communicate a personal enthusiasm and respect for the natural world, thus encourage in others an active stewardship of same." -- JEANNE ILLENYE

POCKET WATCH: ELEVEN O'CLOCK (SOLD)


SOLD
This is another painting conforming to the aceo 2.5 x 3.5 inch size. It was inspired by a photograph that my husband took of my grandfather's gold pocket watch while testing how close he could get with my new camera. He got so close as to see the dust under the lens. Needless to say, I've not included that much detail! I actually worked from life on this painting and kept my husband's concept to zoom in extremely close and create a more deliberately abstract composition. I'm pleased with this deviation from my classical still lifes that I'm accustomed to painting. I chose to set it at eleven O'clock thinking that it might hold a particular significance for someone...perhaps the time of a wedding, graduation, etc.

2 comments:

studio lara said...

Your blog looks great! Love this new one! Continued blessings!
Lara

JEANNE ILLENYE said...

Thank you, Lara! I'm trying to incorporate a little more contemporary feel to my work as exhibited here in another aceo.


click image

I was published in Visual Language Magazine

BLESSED

Blessed are those who see beautiful things in humble places where others see nothing.
Anonymous

names of colors A-Z