soul and purpose

"Through my paintings I hope to communicate a personal enthusiasm and respect for the natural world, thus encourage in others an active stewardship of same." -- JEANNE ILLENYE

BRANCH OF BLACK CHERRIES (SOLD)


SOLD
6x6 inches oil on panel
This is my first experience working on a smooth panel versus canvas. I’m particularly pleased with the resultant appearance as this surface more readily reveals the details I’ve always included in my work. While the details are easier to achieve, my smooth, subtly gradient backgrounds are a little more challenging, since I personally do not like to see brushstrokes. The second variation here for me was the use of a square format which I employed only twice before, as well as lightening my background and incorporating more blue (both background and secondary highlights in cherries), all of which I resolved to do this year in order to begin the transition from classical realism to contemporary realism.

No comments:


click image

I was published in Visual Language Magazine

BLESSED

Blessed are those who see beautiful things in humble places where others see nothing.
Anonymous

names of colors A-Z