soul and purpose

"Through my paintings I hope to communicate a personal enthusiasm and respect for the natural world, thus encourage in others an active stewardship of same." -- JEANNE ILLENYE

Antique Wood Pull Toy Rabbit (SOLD)


8x8 inches oil on canvas panel
SOLD
This is my first use of the square format, which I do like as it forces me to rethink my compositional space. Here I carefully placed the single subject in a position which contradicted my previous experience of constructing elaborate, fluid floral paintings. Painting this adorable antique pull toy rabbit was the most fun I've had in a long time! I found it very satisfying to break the mold and go for something artistically daring...for me. (Please see my website www.jeanneillenye.com to understand from what I base these comments.)

No comments:


click image

I was published in Visual Language Magazine

BLESSED

Blessed are those who see beautiful things in humble places where others see nothing.
Anonymous

names of colors A-Z