soul and purpose

"Through my paintings I hope to communicate a personal enthusiasm and respect for the natural world, thus encourage in others an active stewardship of same." -- JEANNE ILLENYE

Work in progress on my easel: BIG SILVER SPOONS

SOLD
Thought it might be fun to share a sneak peek at a work in progress which is a commissioned painting of sterling silver teaspoons similar to my first version of 5x7 inches, but here they are painted larger than life at 16x12 inches. At first I wasn’t so sure about going that large as I typically prefer my subjects lifesized or smaller, but once I did the layout I was excited. I’m so impatient about getting these spoons done but the dry time between sittings is slow. I’m aiming to complete the last two handles, which are of course the most detailed being the Lily and Orange Blossom patterns, then final detailing overall. More to come . . . .

No comments:


click image

I was published in Visual Language Magazine

BLESSED

Blessed are those who see beautiful things in humble places where others see nothing.
Anonymous

names of colors A-Z