soul and purpose

"Through my paintings I hope to communicate a personal enthusiasm and respect for the natural world, thus encourage in others an active stewardship of same." -- JEANNE ILLENYE

Wild Pink Sweetpeas in Mason Jar 7x5 inches oil on panel

Sweetpeas in Mason Jar
7x5 inches oil on panel
SOLD
There is always an abundance of these wild pink Sweetpeas in my garden.  Come the first of Spring I marvel at their twining vines and complex little blossoms, but by late Summer when they've run rampant and nearly snuffed out everything in their path, I want to cut them all down.  Alas, they always win my heart over again in Spring.
----
These particular Sweetpeas were done at the request of a client whose grandmother would give her small nosegays in a mason jar.  She also had done the same with Zinnias in a tin can, coming soon. 

3 comments:

Bonnie Heather said...

Very pretty. Makes me long for spring.

suzanneberry said...

so lovely jeanne! hope all is well.

JEANNE ILLENYE said...

Thank you SO much, Bonnie & Suz! After the gray days of our typical Michigan winter, I'm pretty much feeling the need for sunshine and brighter days, too! :o)


click image

I was published in Visual Language Magazine

BLESSED

Blessed are those who see beautiful things in humble places where others see nothing.
Anonymous

names of colors A-Z