soul and purpose

"Through my paintings I hope to communicate a personal enthusiasm and respect for the natural world, thus encourage in others an active stewardship of same." -- JEANNE ILLENYE

Overturned Apple Basket apple picking in the grass country cottage scene

Overturned Apple Basket
20x16 inches / oil on canvas
SOLD
This painting is reminiscent of an old world ambience and implies a romantic story of a languid day apple picking, perhaps laying in the long, cool grass while selecting those without bruises (which I always love to add to show transience in nature) and sampling the harvest.  With attempting to follow the trend away from classical realism toward contemporary realism, I'd abandoned so much of my work, this included, until Alex Perez requested a painting for his gallery's fall show. 
"Happy Autumn!"

4 comments:

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

This is stunning, they look good enough and real enough to eat.

JEANNE ILLENYE said...

Thank you SO much, Betsy! I am so appreciative of your comments particularly as relates to the realism since I'd actually painted this from my imagination without any subjects! Thank you for your lovely comments! Jeanne

Helen Read said...

Very beautiful! It "speaks" of autumn!

JEANNE ILLENYE said...

Thank you SO much, Helen! As I've been trying to catch up on all my pet portrait commissions, I've been remiss in posting to my still life blog so thought I'd better pop something seasonal out there! Thank you for your lovely comments!


click image

I was published in Visual Language Magazine

BLESSED

Blessed are those who see beautiful things in humble places where others see nothing.
Anonymous

names of colors A-Z