soul and purpose

"Through my paintings I hope to communicate a personal enthusiasm and respect for the natural world, thus encourage in others an active stewardship of same." -- JEANNE ILLENYE

butter yellow primula, primroses, blue porcelain, wood, ladybug contemporary realism

10x8 inches / oil on stretched canvas

SOLD
A delightfully crisp rendition of a classical subject presented in a powerfully contemporary format. My trademark details include butter yellow primulas in a blue & white oriental porcelain, dried, browning leaves and a teeny tiny ladybug . . . all set atop a marvellously knotted cube of rough hewn wood.

2 comments:

jsicignano2.blogspot.com said...

Jeanne, your work is outstanding. Thank you for sharing.

JEANNE ILLENYE said...

Thank you SO much, Joan! A concept that has always been fun for me over the years is to prop my subjects atop a box, book, or block. Here this ruggedly cut block was an unpredictable accompaniment for a classical subject, but I just wanted to give the composition a new twist. Jeanne


click image

I was published in Visual Language Magazine

BLESSED

Blessed are those who see beautiful things in humble places where others see nothing.
Anonymous

names of colors A-Z