soul and purpose

"Through my paintings I hope to communicate a personal enthusiasm and respect for the natural world, thus encourage in others an active stewardship of same." -- JEANNE ILLENYE

in progress 12x12 panel peonies

capturing nature's transient beauty 
This is one of many paintings in the rotation on/off my easel as glazes dry.  However, the next floral painting I'm planning to complete (after one more pet portrait to finish) is for my Mother and will be 24x30 in. featuring pink and white peonies in this same crystal tumbler etched with bunnies.  In progress pics will be popping up here in about 2 weeks so keep watching.
P.S.  Quick update to advise that I've sprained my painting hand so have been away from my easel for awhile but hope to be back soon at least on a gradual basis.  For clients with pending commissions, thank you for your loyalty and patience.  It's a scary thing to imagine one's gift being taken away even for a relatively brief time...makes me wonder if I'm worthy...let's hope this year I prove to be with greater effort toward significantly improved work.
 
2/7 UPDATE:  Not totally healed yet but plan to try painting tomorrow!  First up will be portrait of Wrigley then Mrs. Wren with Sweetpeas.  Thank you for your patience during this past month while my painting hand has been healing!

No comments:


click image

I was published in Visual Language Magazine

BLESSED

Blessed are those who see beautiful things in humble places where others see nothing.
Anonymous

names of colors A-Z