soul and purpose

"Through my paintings I hope to communicate a personal enthusiasm and respect for the natural world, thus encourage in others an active stewardship of same." -- JEANNE ILLENYE

CUSTOM OIL PORTRAIT girl and her dog realism Carol and Freckles the Bassett Hound

To commission your custom oil portrait kindly email me at jeanneillenye@sbcglobal.net
Custom Oil Portrait
Carol and Freckles, October, 1973
18x14 inches / oil on panel
SOLD
(scroll to view full painting and more details)
 Note details such as Carol's peaches and cream complexion, two rings, hooded drawstring sweatshirt...Freckles' pads, claws, chubby shoulders and freckles...peeling and split wood siding and windowsills, torn window screens, faded wood sign, pile of hay around the doggie entrance...and lacey woods silhouetted against the clear autumn sky.  Scroll down to view more details and then the full painting. 
 
This was quite a lot of fun to paint.  Working from an old photograph from 1973, I'd color corrected it in my mind's eye while painting, lowered the roofline, raised the ground level, moved the left window toward the center more, and added a third window in order to improve the composition. Such a nostalgic painting and my client is absolutely thrilled with it, saying I captured her and Freckles even better than the photograph!  
 
To commission your custom oil portrait kindly email me at jeanneillenye@sbcglobal.net
 
 

No comments:


click image

I was published in Visual Language Magazine

BLESSED

Blessed are those who see beautiful things in humble places where others see nothing.
Anonymous

names of colors A-Z