soul and purpose

"Through my paintings I hope to communicate a personal enthusiasm and respect for the natural world, thus encourage in others an active stewardship of same." -- JEANNE ILLENYE

custom oil painting classical fruit flowers floral bluebirds sevres tureen silver shell game plates 30x40

capturing nature's transient beauty
Bountiful Table
30x40 inches / oil on canvas
SOLD
 Commissioning a painting is always exciting and quite personal for both my clients and myself.  Here my client provided me with a few requests along with several photos of her Victorian dining room currently undergoing renovation with elaborately gilded teal wainscoting, deep red oriental rug a touch of rose pink damask, along with wishes for an abundant, classical composition which should include birds, red fruit, pink English roses, hydrangeas, peonies, hollyhocks and her very favorite blue morning glories.  The general composition came to me almost immediately which I laid out in draft form but had to set aside to fulfill prior commissions from an especially hectic schedule.  Once I was able to devote my full attention to this piece it moved along relatively quickly considering its size, as my enthusiasm spurred me forward to complete this delightfully exuberant oil painting!

No comments:


click image

I was published in Visual Language Magazine

BLESSED

Blessed are those who see beautiful things in humble places where others see nothing.
Anonymous

names of colors A-Z