soul and purpose

"Through my paintings I hope to communicate a personal enthusiasm and respect for the natural world, thus encourage in others an active stewardship of same." -- JEANNE ILLENYE

baseball painting artist chosen by Official Major League Baseball Commission to create oil painting for Bud Selig's Retirement Gift custom sports still life art

Sports Still Life Artist Selected by MLB
  "Well Played"
5x5 inches / oil on panel
SOLD
 I am honored to be the artist recently chosen by the OFFICIAL MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL COMMISSION to create a custom oil painting for Commissioner Bud Selig's corporate retirement gift.  The painting was created lifesize and aged to match the wear from a baseball actually in play during the game.  I enjoyed painting all the intricate details such as stretched holes from tightly pulled laces, dings, stains and most importantly, the official MLB logo and Bud Selig's signature "Allan H. Selig" on the ball in the painting.  I entitled the painting "Well Played" which just seemed so apropos in celebration of his long, successful term.  You'll see in the image shown above where I'm holding the actual baseball alongside the framed painting set on my easel, that the painting appears a little darker but it's just in shadow from the deep profile of the frame.  It was quite a thrill and an honor not only to be chosen as the MLB sports artist for such a monumental occasion, but also to actually have an official baseball in my hand which was directly from the field of play!  Imagine holding a baseball that was pitched across home plate and sunk into a glove at first base.  I think my husband, who is a huge baseball fan (NY Mets), was even more excited than I was!!
 
Copyrights sold to Major League Baseball Commission and posted with permission from MLB.
 

No comments:


click image

I was published in Visual Language Magazine

BLESSED

Blessed are those who see beautiful things in humble places where others see nothing.
Anonymous

names of colors A-Z