soul and purpose

"Through my paintings I hope to communicate a personal enthusiasm and respect for the natural world, thus encourage in others an active stewardship of same." -- JEANNE ILLENYE

Happy Birthday to ME birthday cake with candle the big 5-Oh! oil painting

Happy Birthday to Me
 "The Big 5-Oh!"
6x6 inches / oil on panel
NFS
This piece of cake is actually five years old! (Well, not the cake per se.) I'd begun this painting on my 50th birthday after a tea party my sister hosted in my honor, and this was the last piece of cake.  So before devouring it, I began this painting.  However, client commissions distracted me from completing it and only today, on my 55th birthday, did I find it in my piles of incomplete work.  As I can't immediately come up with a witty title for 55, I'll keep the original...does that mean I can be 50 again? ;o)
 

2 comments:

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Oh so lovely, Jeanne! Congrats on the birthday, too. You have accomplished a lot in your 50 years.

JEANNE ILLENYE said...

Thank you so much, Diana! This painting was begun five years ago on my 50th (hence the title reflected the shock of it) but it was just after I began selling online so never got back to it til five years later...on my 55th yesterday! (Still a little shocking.... LOL)


click image

I was published in Visual Language Magazine

BLESSED

Blessed are those who see beautiful things in humble places where others see nothing.
Anonymous

names of colors A-Z