soul and purpose

"Through my paintings I hope to communicate a personal enthusiasm and respect for the natural world, thus encourage in others an active stewardship of same." -- JEANNE ILLENYE

large classical oil painting still life white peonies pink roses butterflies bees yellow sevres vase fruit books fringed cloth delphiniums figs lemons grapes capturing nature's trnasient beauty through art

Exuberance
20 x 24 inches / oil on canvas
 SOLD
Presented above is an intensely elaborate commissioned oil painting with a garden theme related to California.  To oblige that request, I included numerous wildflowers, fruit and three different butterflies indicative of the region.  Also, I added grapes to symbolize a new venture when my client purchased a vineyard.  Her childhood favorite, Peonies, was also to be added being sure to include ants and dewdrops.  During our initial conversation, other favorite things became apparent such as a favorite shade of yellow, Sevres porcelain and antique books.  Here I chose a yellow Sevres vase depicting a romantic garden scene and gilt highlights as the foundation of the composition.  She also had a vintage goldleaf frame which contained another painting she wanted replaced, so I kept that shade of gold in mind as well as her decor and color scheme which were presented in photographs of her home.  With all these requests, I was particularly inspired and only wish the canvas was larger to accommodate my enthusiasm, hence the title, "Exuberance".
  

No comments:


click image

I was published in Visual Language Magazine

BLESSED

Blessed are those who see beautiful things in humble places where others see nothing.
Anonymous

names of colors A-Z