soul and purpose

"Through my paintings I hope to communicate a personal enthusiasm and respect for the natural world, thus encourage in others an active stewardship of same." -- JEANNE ILLENYE

Pansies in Glass Jar with Crocheted Lace contemporary realism still life oil painting purple violet white

 capturing nature's transient beauty 
Pansies and Crocheted Lace
5x5 inches / oil on panel
SOLD 
I recall as a child, accompanying my mother to the plant nursery where she told me to search for the pansies that had "faces".  So even today I still refer to Pansies as the smiling faces of Spring.  They are a personal favorite to paint not only for this reason, but also for the wonderfully translucent qualities as the light shines through the petals such as shown on the flower on the left.  Note how that deep, rich purple fades on the backside where the creases of the petals shine through.
 

No comments:


click image

I was published in Visual Language Magazine

BLESSED

Blessed are those who see beautiful things in humble places where others see nothing.
Anonymous

names of colors A-Z