soul and purpose

"Through my paintings I hope to communicate a personal enthusiasm and respect for the natural world, thus encourage in others an active stewardship of same." -- JEANNE ILLENYE

orange burst classical fruit oil painting cherries grapes peeled orange strawberries

Orange Burst
14x18 inches / oil on canvas
SOLD
A classical beauty, this orange painting was one of my first which inspired many interpretations including "Orange Glow" which is a more contemporary version. With it's explosion of orange segments, dripping juice and seeds, "Orange Burst" is an abundant composition partially inspired by the American Master, William John McCloskey.  Peeled oranges have always been such a popular subject with my clientele and I must admit it's my favorite fruit subject to paint. 
 

No comments:


click image

I was published in Visual Language Magazine

BLESSED

Blessed are those who see beautiful things in humble places where others see nothing.
Anonymous

names of colors A-Z