soul and purpose

"Through my paintings I hope to communicate a personal enthusiasm and respect for the natural world, thus encourage in others an active stewardship of same." -- JEANNE ILLENYE

Little Gem still life oil painting Glamis Castle David Austen English Rose in glass jar with lace

capturing nature's transient beauty
 
"Glamis Castle Rose in Glass Jar"
7x5 inches / oil on panel
to purchase click here
 
Happy New Year Everyone!
Here's my first Little Gem for 2015 featuring a highly perfumed musky Glamis Castle English Rose in a soft, creamy white to symbolize freshness and purity which is how I always view the new year and January in general.  It's a sampling of my new direction which I've slowly been pursuing in recent years, in between fulfilling orders for commissioned paintings. After dabbling in a vast array of subjects, I've finally decided to focus predominantly on flowers which are my absolute favorite along with everything that can accompany them such as crystal, lace, glass jars, silverware, teapots and teacups contrasting with rustic elements of painted wood, moss and nests.  In other words, all my favorite things of beauty.  As I state on my website homepage, "It's all about beauty in nature and antiques."  If you'd like to purchase my first Little Gem of the year, kindly click here.
 
 

No comments:


click image

I was published in Visual Language Magazine

BLESSED

Blessed are those who see beautiful things in humble places where others see nothing.
Anonymous

names of colors A-Z