soul and purpose

"Through my paintings I hope to communicate a personal enthusiasm and respect for the natural world, thus encourage in others an active stewardship of same." -- JEANNE ILLENYE

Crayola Crayons Contemporary Realism Oil Painting Outside the Box childhood memories painting with crayons


c r a y o n s
Outside the Box
5x5 inches oil on panel
 SOLD
For years whenever I'd pass a box of crayons in the store, I'd quickly glance around to see if anyone was looking, grab it, open it...and take a deep whiff!  Ahhh...the old familiar fragrance of childhood memories selecting each color, tesitng it first and learning each name, carefully staying within the lines of my coloring books.  Then one day, somewhere around my 50th birthday, I succummed and purchased the big box, of course. 
It sits on my studio desk reminding me of humble beginnings...and yes, every so often I'll take a big whiff!

No comments:


click image

I was published in Visual Language Magazine

BLESSED

Blessed are those who see beautiful things in humble places where others see nothing.
Anonymous

names of colors A-Z