soul and purpose

"Through my paintings I hope to communicate a personal enthusiasm and respect for the natural world, thus encourage in others an active stewardship of same." -- JEANNE ILLENYE

Bountiful Blossoms with Bluebirds Large Classical Floral Still Life Painting with Birds, Antique Roses, Hollyhocks, Bluebirds, Butterflies, Bees, Porcelain Bowl, Raspberries, Round Mahogany Table

"Bountiful Blossoms with Bluebirds"
Antique Roses, Hollyhocks, Bluebirds, Butterflies and Bees in Porcelain Bowl with Raspberries
20x16 inches / oil on canvas
SOLD
Just going through some old photos to backup on yet another hard drive, my third now, as I have tens of thousands of files, most of which are pics, and came across two paintings I'd created quite a few years ago which I thought would be nice to share with you, the second to be posted tomorrow.  So many of my paintings never even get posted to my blog with my schedule, but if this one is already here, I think it's beauty and appealing subject matter warrant being presented again.  I do wish I'd taken a photo of the painting when it was completed, but there just wasn't enough time as the client was getting impatient for it, so this is actually prior to completion.  This was also painted prior to digital cameras so the details are quite a bit blurry.  Just looking at my painted rosebuds, I could nearly feel their rounded shape, hard packed with petals, the outermost barely beginning to peel open.  I'd subsequently worked those Bluebirds even more to the point where I could almost reach out and grasp them and hear their feathers flutter!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A very nice painting I am training under my father. To learn oil painting and the style of the old masters. I find your work gives me lots of good ideas thank you for the inspiration.


click image

I was published in Visual Language Magazine

BLESSED

Blessed are those who see beautiful things in humble places where others see nothing.
Anonymous

names of colors A-Z