soul and purpose

"Through my paintings I hope to communicate a personal enthusiasm and respect for the natural world, thus encourage in others an active stewardship of same." -- JEANNE ILLENYE

sterling silver bon bon spoon on rustic dinged wood

 
Sterling Silver Bon Bon Spoon
7x5 inches / oil on panel
SOLD
This is the first in a set that will be heading out to the Chabot Fine Art Gallery for their holiday show in November. The companion painting, still in progress, is an olive spoon pierced with tiny stars.
framed size 11.5 x 9.5 inches

2 comments:

Virginia Floyd said...

I like the delicate spoon against the battered wood. Very nice!

JEANNE ILLENYE said...

Thank you SO much, Virginia! Normally I paint silver spoons on solid backgrounds but I just loved the contrast of textures with this dinged wooden box. It adds not only more interest, but enhances the dimensional qualities as well. Thanks so much for your lovely comments! Jeanne


click image

I was published in Visual Language Magazine

BLESSED

Blessed are those who see beautiful things in humble places where others see nothing.
Anonymous

names of colors A-Z