soul and purpose

"Through my paintings I hope to communicate a personal enthusiasm and respect for the natural world, thus encourage in others an active stewardship of same." -- JEANNE ILLENYE

English Roses in Spode Blue Italian Teacup blue transferware honeybee dewdrops pearls embroidered lace cloth

English Roses in Spode Teacup
8x10 inches / oil on canvas
SOLD
Thoughts of a leisurely afternoon come to mind with an antique embroidered, lace edged cloth, pearls cascading over a leather bound book, and fresh from the garden with dewdrops and honeybee are soft English roses gently tucked into a Spode Blue Italian teacup.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Jeanne,
amazing painting, beautiful roses and a masterful cup. Your shadows and your merletti just unmelivable rendered. Congratulations on your shows , well deserved exposure. All the best Jeanne, happy painting,
Mariano

JEANNE ILLENYE said...

Thank you SOOO much, Mariano! It was delightful getting back to some old favorites in a classical composition. My current shows are in galleries on both coasts in the U.S. and the Bellagio will be H-U-G-E!! Just wrapping up commissions, then will pop out some more Little Gems for the holidays and then down to the really serious business of painting for the ASTA Show at the Bellagio! Always lovely to hear from you!

Jane said...

Beautiful and delicate painting, wonderfully painted! The china is superb!

JEANNE ILLENYE said...

Thank you SO much, Jane! The Spode Blue Italian is my everyday set, so I've been able to study it up close for many years...and I must say, I never tire of it...and I always enjoy depicting it in my paintings. Thank you for your lovely comments! Jeanne


click image

I was published in Visual Language Magazine

BLESSED

Blessed are those who see beautiful things in humble places where others see nothing.
Anonymous

names of colors A-Z