soul and purpose

"Through my paintings I hope to communicate a personal enthusiasm and respect for the natural world, thus encourage in others an active stewardship of same." -- JEANNE ILLENYE

Delightful Anticipation Teacups Tea Party Antique Sterling Silver Spoons Cake Moon and Stars Pedestal Cake Plate "Let them eat cake" Show

"Delightful Anticipation"
20x16 inches / oil on panel

This painting will be available in the upcoming "Let 'em Eat Cake" exhibit at Crooked Tree Gallery.  At first I thought to paint the expected subject, cake or cookies.   Then I thought to paint my mischievous kitty when she tippy toed across the buffet table, navigating through the crystal and silverware to sample one of my homemade cakes. (See the bottom on my pets blog.)   However, that was too sentimental as I'd never want to part with it, so I finally landed on the idea to paint some of my favorite things with the teacakes playing a supporting role.  I especially enjoyed painting the antique sterling spoons featuring  Orange Blossom and Bridal Rose with all their lovely reflections including my red dining room.  The cakestand is an old favorite in the Moon and Stars pattern.  Most of my teacups feature flowers...no big surprise to those of you who follow my work!   :o)
(As usual, the blog image is quite blurry as compared to the original oil painting.)

4 comments:

Susan Roux said...

I clicked here because I thought I'd find an invitation for tea! Your work is amazing.

JEANNE ILLENYE said...

...You're invited! Thank you SO much, Susan for your lovely comments. I actually miss having tea parties but with work demands, this is as close as I'm going to get for awhile...and to tell the truth, I'm not sure which is more work...or more fun! LOL

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

I love this - it reminds me of the tea parties my mom would have for me when I was a little girl. I never did come to like watercress sandwiches, but became a china and silver addict long ago :)

JEANNE ILLENYE said...

Thank you SO much, Claire! I love your story about your Mom having tea parties for you as a little girl...and that you never aquired a taste for watercress...well, how about a lovely cucumber tea sandwich or perhaps a scrumptious scone? I'll hint at my next painting for this show...see you at "Four O'Clock".


click image

I was published in Visual Language Magazine

BLESSED

Blessed are those who see beautiful things in humble places where others see nothing.
Anonymous

names of colors A-Z