soul and purpose

"Through my paintings I hope to communicate a personal enthusiasm and respect for the natural world, thus encourage in others an active stewardship of same." -- JEANNE ILLENYE

Lily of the Valley Lace Sheer Green Ribbon Colonial Williamsburg Tea Caddy

Lily of the Valley on Williamsburg Tea Caddy
12x12 inches / oil on panel
SOLD
Originally this painting was to be on a high gloss table, but when my client requested a doilie which coincided with this month's group topic of linens, I delighted in adding a bit of antique lace to this composition.  For years I've had ribbons floating around in my collection of reference materials here in my studio, so when my client requested a green ribbon be included, I couldn't wait to experiment with the trasluscent qualities of this lovely sheer ribbon.  Guaranteed, I'm sure to use these subjects again since it was such fun!

4 comments:

suzanneberry said...

Jeanne, your work never fails to give me goose flesh! So rich and old world. The see-through ribbon is stunning and the palate is scrumptious!

Unknown said...

This is exquisite! The colors are so beautiful, and the composition is so soothing and touching. Congratulations! It's wonderful!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

What an elegant approach to this month's Challenge!

JEANNE ILLENYE said...

Oh, thank you SO much Suz, Katherine and Diana, for your wonderful compliments! Originally I'd planned this painting without the lace, but when my client requested a doilie which coincided with the group topic of linens, I delighted in adding a bit of antique lace to this composition. I'd been wanting to use this sheer ribbon for some time, so when my client requested a green ribbon I couldn't wait to experiment. I'm sure to use these subjects again since it was such fun! Thank you so much! Jeanne


click image

I was published in Visual Language Magazine

BLESSED

Blessed are those who see beautiful things in humble places where others see nothing.
Anonymous

names of colors A-Z