soul and purpose

"Through my paintings I hope to communicate a personal enthusiasm and respect for the natural world, thus encourage in others an active stewardship of same." -- JEANNE ILLENYE

January Challenge for Moses Botkin Group: apple, glass, spoon -- Aunt Bea's Morning Glories, apple jelly, silver spoon

JEANNE ILLENYE / Aunt Bea’s Morning Glories / 5x5 inches / oil on panel
SOLD
As a new member of this group, I've enjoyed the interpretations of the January theme which was to use three subjects in a painting: apple, glass and spoon. Admittedly, it required some deliberation for me to come up with a composition utilizing all three subjects so that it "made sense" as I tried to find a commonality between them. My first thought was apple pie a la mode on a glass plate with a spoon but I dismissed it. Once this idea was conceived, I chose a silver spoon depicting morning glories, designed a label and then selected a nostalgic TV name for a little touch of whimsy. As I envisioned a glorious morning breakfast in Mayberry, chatting with Aunt Bea over tea and toast while lavishly spreading her homemade apple jelly with a morning glory spoon, I arrived at the title, "Aunt Bea's Morning Glories".
 
 

4 comments:

Marie Fox said...

Fabulous painting, Jeanne! Beautifully rendered materials - the ornate silver spoon, glass jar and 'printed' apples on the label! Your color palette's lovely - red against grays. A stunning still-life! So glad you're in our group which I hope to rejoin next month. Marie

JEANNE ILLENYE said...

Thank you SO much, Marie! This was a great deal of fun to come up with the idea for this one! I'm already immensely enjoying being a member of the group. Really enjoying seeing everyone's interpretations! Can't believe that next month I'll be painting . . . uh, well, it's a secret to the public right now so I won't tell, but suffice it to say I surely will be thinking outside my personal "box" on that one! I'm so looking forward to seeing your work next month as you are able to return to your painting! Jeanne :o)

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Some of the same things went through my mind too, Jeanne. Planning this one was a lot harder than some of the Challenges have been.

I truly love your concept and how you made it work so well in your beautiful painting. You're a genius, dear Lady!

JEANNE ILLENYE said...

Oh, thank you SO much, Diana! Yes, as this was my first with the group, I found it entertaining to think outside the box and stretch personal limits while still keeping the painting identifiable as mine. Looking forward to your selection for next month . . . ideas are spinning already! :o) Jeanne


click image

I was published in Visual Language Magazine

BLESSED

Blessed are those who see beautiful things in humble places where others see nothing.
Anonymous

names of colors A-Z