soul and purpose

"Through my paintings I hope to communicate a personal enthusiasm and respect for the natural world, thus encourage in others an active stewardship of same." -- JEANNE ILLENYE

classical miniature floral hollyhocks

approx. 2.5 x 1.5 inches / oil on canvas panel

SOLD
As many of you know, I often create these miniature paintings as if I were taking visual “notes” on an image / idea that comes to mind, thus recording it for future reference and inspiration when producing my larger paintings. Here, the old world ambience of this painting is what strikes me most. It has a misty quality. The deliberately muted blue and white porcelain vase almost fades into the background putting further emphasis on the blossoms.

No comments:


click image

I was published in Visual Language Magazine

BLESSED

Blessed are those who see beautiful things in humble places where others see nothing.
Anonymous

names of colors A-Z