soul and purpose

"Through my paintings I hope to communicate a personal enthusiasm and respect for the natural world, thus encourage in others an active stewardship of same." -- JEANNE ILLENYE

Books, New York Times Crosswords, Magnifying Glass, Desk


30x24 inches /oil on stretched canvas
SOLD
Commissioned Painting - The client wanted this for her husband on their wedding anniversary and gave me a little background about him as well as fabric swatches and photos of her room for inspiration. The color red was to be included, he loved the NY Times crosswords, his desk was always a mess with papers, their anniversary date, he had a career in economics and more. So, this desk is a mess (although actually my studio desk) with paper clips and dogeared typed pages, a large red book with Economics on the spine, the clients' names woven into the NY Times crosswords, their anniversary date on a sticky note and my phone no. on the other, and my signature signs one of the letters.
Recently this painting has been featured in an illuminating article by Sharon Hart in her fabulous blog, "Artist's Muse". Click to read more about Sharon's insightful commentary on art, politics, philosophy and musings. http://sharonahart.blogspot.com/2008/09/booker-dobell-and-ultimate-prize.html

4 comments:

N Poucher said...

Amazing work, here. Your clients must have been thrilled.

JEANNE ILLENYE said...

Hi, Nancy! Thank you so much for your lovely comments! Yes, my client was indeed thrilled (as was I since it was lifesize and made quite an impact). She was able to give her husband a most unique and memorable anniversary gift. While it was a ton of work, I truly relished hiding their personal details...it's a bit more fun to have to search for them in a painting. Thanks again, Jeanne

S. A. Hart said...

Thank you for allowing me to use this image for a post on my blog. It is greatly appreciated. The painting is lovely and very clever. It reminds me of the works of Flemish painters who hid various images in the greater image.

JEANNE ILLENYE said...

Thank you, Sharon! It's an honor indeed that you've selected my painting for inclusion in your art review. Your intellectual commentary is illuminating, indeed! Yes, the Flemish painters are my inspiration in everything I paint; even my more contemporary work reveals upon close inspection, various structural elements as well as atmospheric lighting. Sincerest thanks for your review and comments. Jeanne


click image

I was published in Visual Language Magazine

BLESSED

Blessed are those who see beautiful things in humble places where others see nothing.
Anonymous

names of colors A-Z