soul and purpose

"Through my paintings I hope to communicate a personal enthusiasm and respect for the natural world, thus encourage in others an active stewardship of same." -- JEANNE ILLENYE

peach tree branches classical old world style oil painting farmhouse table flies stumptuous peaches SUMMER PEACHES (SOLD)


SOLD
14x18 inches
Branches of soft, fuzzy peaches are set atop a rustic farmhouse table. The sweet scent of the fruit attracts insects from a nearby open window. This is a serene, muted painting which would be enhanced by a simple frame with linen liner or for a more dramatic effect, a goldleaf frame for an old world appearance. (Please excuse the glare.)

6 comments:

Joan Y said...

Your talent never ceases to amaze me Jeanne. Beautiful, beautiful painting!

Paul Wolber said...

I really appreciate the traditional feel of this painting "Summer Peaches". It has the feeling of an antique print or painting that I think is very difficult to achieve.

Paul

JEANNE ILLENYE said...

Thank you, Joan, for your lovely comments! I really appreciate it! Jeanne

JEANNE ILLENYE said...

Thank you so much, Paul, for appreciating the traditional feel of this painting. I can't tell you how many times I almost wiped it off and began again, because I feared it would be too drab, but then I realized this is exactly what I wanted to achieve -- a quiet sense of serenity. Jeanne

Takeyce said...

I agree with Paul, Jeanne. This has such a classical old wolrd feel to it. Marvelous job!

JEANNE ILLENYE said...

Thank you, Takeyce! Here I was fully immersed in the old world style of painting with this soft, mellow atmosphere. I absolutely love painting rustic, earthy subjects such as this farmhouse table which contrasts with the tender, fuzzy texture of the peaches. I appreciate your comments! Jeanne


click image

I was published in Visual Language Magazine

BLESSED

Blessed are those who see beautiful things in humble places where others see nothing.
Anonymous

names of colors A-Z