soul and purpose

"Through my paintings I hope to communicate a personal enthusiasm and respect for the natural world, thus encourage in others an active stewardship of same." -- JEANNE ILLENYE

little gems oil paintings still life spode plate berries STRAWBERRIES ON SPODE (SOLD) click to view results


oil on panel
4x4 inches
SOLD
Wih a recent snowfall dampening our spirits and weighing heavily upon our Spring flowers, I began reminiscing about the warmer days of Summer with thoughts turned to the season’s delectable fruit. It was my original intention to paint these strawberries on a plain white plate but since I don’t have anything like that, I had no choice but to paint one of my Spode plates, although it meant more than double the time painting. However, now that it’s done, I am pleased to have put in all the extra effort.

2 comments:

Takeyce said...

Looks good enough to eat!!! Excellent work!

JEANNE ILLENYE said...

Thank you so much! ...and they were delicious!


click image

I was published in Visual Language Magazine

BLESSED

Blessed are those who see beautiful things in humble places where others see nothing.
Anonymous

names of colors A-Z