soul and purpose

"Through my paintings I hope to communicate a personal enthusiasm and respect for the natural world, thus encourage in others an active stewardship of same." -- JEANNE ILLENYE

BLOSSOMING ENGLISH ROSES (SOLD) click to view results


oil on panel
4x4 inches
SOLD
It is difficult to comprehend the complexity of English roses, some of which are composed of over 100 petals. Here I chose to feature one of my favorite variations facing downward from its own weight as it opens shyly, withholding its mystery within the deeply cupped structure. My main focus technically, was not only to portray the velvety texture and cupped shape of the petals as they unfurled but also to capture the color of the light as it reflected through each petal and the interplay of shadows therein.

No comments:


click image

I was published in Visual Language Magazine

BLESSED

Blessed are those who see beautiful things in humble places where others see nothing.
Anonymous

names of colors A-Z