sliced green pear oil painting bruised fruit contemporary realism wood block juice dripping

SIngle Sliced Pear / 8x8 inches / oil on canvas panel
SOLD
There's something so irresistible about the voluptuous shapes of pears. While I typically don't interrupt that form as it is sheer perfection, I chose to provide a peek inside to reveal it's exquisite beauty within. The droplet delightfully repeats the subject's form, completing the classical lines of composition employing the concept of the "Hogarth Curve" even in a contemporary painting such as this.  My classical training is always evident if one studies my work in detail. 

2 comments:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful. The drop of juice is inspired and really connects the pear and the wood. Lovely, lovely, LOVELY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you SO much, Caroline! When I design a painting from memory, as this one, I simply begin painting and let the mood take me away. Upon completion of the wood block and pear, I felt it just needed a little something extra to unite them and continue the visual flow, hence the idea of a droplet. Thank you for your lovely comments! Jeanne

    ReplyDelete

To purchase email jeanneillenye@sbcglobal.net