cheerful cherries in blue & white bowl, still life painting

 Cheerful Cherries
6x6 inches / oil on panel
SOLD

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations!
    I just awarded you the Sunshine Bloggers Award!
    Please come to my site to receive it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you SO much, Susan! How delightful to be recognized for bringing a little sunshine into someone's life through my paintings! Thank you, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jeanne,
    this oil generates a lot of exitement. I love the battle between the reds and greens, supported by a cool blue bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, Mariano! I wanted to give the cherries a brightness where the light projected a luminosity within. The green helps that process of course, and the blue offers a cooler balance in support of the main subject as you so keenly observed! Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your paintings are beautiful! I have to agree with Mariano. The reds in the cherries give depth and form and the greens - wow! Just lovely. I'm looking forward to visiting your blog again and again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you SO much, Linda! My study of the Dutch masters' works was a partial inspiration for this painting. So often their cherries and other berries seemed to almost glow in the light, which I tried to achieve here. I'm so glad you found my blog. Thanks, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you SO much, Celeste! The composition and color together are what define this particular painting. I wanted to make a bold statement with color so the composition needed to be up to it! Thank you for your lovely comments. Jeanne

    ReplyDelete

To purchase email jeanneillenye@sbcglobal.net