peeled orange, orange glow with cherries & family crest - hyperrealism painting

(click images to enlarge)

12x16 inches / oil on panel
SOLDThis commissioned painting features a glowing orange and my client's family crest interpreted in a rustic carving. His request was for a painting in the hyperrealist style. While I've never considered my work to meet those criteria, I do realize that certain aspects of my paintings have touched that mark, so I gave this a try. (First image is blurry but detail shows clearly.)

10 comments:

  1. Jeanne, Lovely piece. I love the light.

    Russ
    russells.studio@pacbell.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Russell. This lighting is quite different for me as I typically use soft lighting which nearly wraps around my subjects. However, I must admit that I really like the drama presented with this illumination. Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, Marina! There is a lot of drama in this one with a powerful impact. I attempted to complete the thought with adding more detail particularly in the shadows. When a painting "grabs" the viewer, I think there should be some substance to "hold" them. Thank you, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much LC. I truly appreciate it as this was an intense amount of detail. Unfortunately, my photos never upload with enough clarity. Thank you for your lovely comment. Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a very interesting still life. I really like the use of light.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much! The lighting was the most important factor in creating this painting as I wanted the orange to be completely infused with intense light as if illuminated from within, creating an almost transluscent quality about the subject. Happily, the result is exactly as I intended, creating wonderful drama. Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that the square version of this on Perez Fine Art is one of the finest still life paintings I have seen in a long while, the light is almost dazzling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you SO very much, Paul, high praise indeed! Peeled oranges that seemingly glow in the light have always been a favorite subject. In that second version you can see my efforts toward a more contemporary format and depth of shadow, both of which increased visual tension thus punctuating the details of the subject. Your comments are truly heartfelt! Jeanne

    ReplyDelete

To purchase email jeanneillenye@sbcglobal.net