
SOLD
14x18 inches
Branches of soft, fuzzy peaches are set atop a rustic farmhouse table. The sweet scent of the fruit attracts insects from a nearby open window. This is a serene, muted painting which would be enhanced by a simple frame with linen liner or for a more dramatic effect, a goldleaf frame for an old world appearance. (Please excuse the glare.)
Your talent never ceases to amaze me Jeanne. Beautiful, beautiful painting!
ReplyDeleteI really appreciate the traditional feel of this painting "Summer Peaches". It has the feeling of an antique print or painting that I think is very difficult to achieve.
ReplyDeletePaul
Thank you, Joan, for your lovely comments! I really appreciate it! Jeanne
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, Paul, for appreciating the traditional feel of this painting. I can't tell you how many times I almost wiped it off and began again, because I feared it would be too drab, but then I realized this is exactly what I wanted to achieve -- a quiet sense of serenity. Jeanne
ReplyDeleteI agree with Paul, Jeanne. This has such a classical old wolrd feel to it. Marvelous job!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Takeyce! Here I was fully immersed in the old world style of painting with this soft, mellow atmosphere. I absolutely love painting rustic, earthy subjects such as this farmhouse table which contrasts with the tender, fuzzy texture of the peaches. I appreciate your comments! Jeanne
ReplyDelete