soul and purpose

"Through my paintings I hope to communicate a personal enthusiasm and respect for the natural world, thus encourage in others an active stewardship of same." -- JEANNE ILLENYE

GENTLEMAN'S DESK: Vintage Books, Fob Watch, Magnifying Glass, Quill Pen



6x6 inches oil on panel

Derived from one of my significantly larger paintings, this concept originated while contemplating the artful accumulation of objects on the antique desk in my studio. Inserting my last dollar bill in the composition was an afterthought and I wittily debated entitling this painting “Starving Artist” but felt with my grandfather’s gold fob watch and other vintage pieces, the current title was infinitely more fitting.

No comments:


click image

I was published in Visual Language Magazine

BLESSED

Blessed are those who see beautiful things in humble places where others see nothing.
Anonymous

names of colors A-Z