soul and purpose

"Through my paintings I hope to communicate a personal enthusiasm and respect for the natural world, thus encourage in others an active stewardship of same." -- JEANNE ILLENYE

victorian style painting classical realism painting in oils fruit flowers nest ENGLISH ROSES, FEATHERED BIRD'S NEST, GRAPES, RASPBERRIES (SOLD)


8x10 inches, oil on stretched canvas
SOLDBelieve it or not, this painting actually emerged from the center outward, beginning with the tiny pinch of raspberry leaves, their delicate tint of blue on the undersides being simply irresistible. Just before the frost hit this Fall, I plucked this little stem to preserve it’s beauty . . . and see how it’s grown!

2 comments:

Diana Moses Botkin said...

I love this one, Jeanne! So lovely and old-fashioned.

JEANNE ILLENYE said...

Thank you, Diana! I still do paint some of these more classical pieces, although I do hope to make real headway in 2008 toward a more contemporary style.


click image

I was published in Visual Language Magazine

BLESSED

Blessed are those who see beautiful things in humble places where others see nothing.
Anonymous

names of colors A-Z