soul and purpose

"Through my paintings I hope to communicate a personal enthusiasm and respect for the natural world, thus encourage in others an active stewardship of same." -- JEANNE ILLENYE

PINK HYDRANGEAS (SOLD)


SOLD
5x7 inches oil on canvas panel
There’s no mistaking that my main interest in this subject was the leaves, hence the unique orientation of the hydrangeas in this painting. Those leaves felt tender yet crisp at the base of their stalks . . . and the cool, smooth new growth borne from those wonderful woody stems, cut roughly, revealing the life within.

3 comments:

Carolyn Hietala said...

Lovely painting. Unique composition....congrats!

JEANNE ILLENYE said...

Thank you, Carolyn! While this orientation of the subject is rather unique, I just had to paint from the heart -- and the beauty of those leaves just got to me! Thanks!

Madison Moore said...

You are sooooo Talented. Love this.
madison


click image

I was published in Visual Language Magazine

BLESSED

Blessed are those who see beautiful things in humble places where others see nothing.
Anonymous

names of colors A-Z