soul and purpose

"Through my paintings I hope to communicate a personal enthusiasm and respect for the natural world, thus encourage in others an active stewardship of same." -- JEANNE ILLENYE

chocolate kisses green IRISH KISSES: LUCK OF THE IRISH hershey's kiss


4x4 inches / oil on panel
SOLD
Since my first painting, Pink Kisses, received such an enthusiastic response, I chose to create another Chocolate Series painting of Kisses, but this time dressed for St. Patrick's Day! I am particularly pleased with the coloration in this painting, and the reflective quality on the table surface enhancing the shine of the foil wrappers. Working on these smooth masonite panels is quite a difference from canvas; some aspects during the painting process are faster, some slower. It will take time to acquire the right combination, but overall I prefer the results over canvas for these smaller works.

No comments:


click image

I was published in Visual Language Magazine

BLESSED

Blessed are those who see beautiful things in humble places where others see nothing.
Anonymous

names of colors A-Z