soul and purpose

"Through my paintings I hope to communicate a personal enthusiasm and respect for the natural world, thus encourage in others an active stewardship of same." -- JEANNE ILLENYE

FOB WATCH ON LEATHER BOOK (SOLD)


Fob Watch on Blue Leather Book
Oil on Panel 4 x 4 inches
SOLD
This is my third painting of this subject, my grandfather’s gold fob watch. Each version has been uniquely different, this being my favorite thus far. As it was painted on a smooth panel versus canvas, I was afforded the opportunity to incorporate more detail than done previously. Features of particular interest to me were the sun touched gilding on the blue leather book and the reflected highlights and shadows just beneath the glass lens. During the various stages of refinement within the details of the watch face, I found a tremendous respect for those artisans who actually hand paint clocks and watches. Such a daunting task, but perhaps I’ve achieved a respectable amount of detail to be worthy of your consideration.

12 comments:

JVR said...

Hello Jeanne,

Great paintings! Hope to see more of them..



Jos van Riswick

Rhonda Hurwitz said...

Oh my goodness this is just breathtaking. Have you thought of using it as a study for a larger scale version? I really think it's special, as in award winning

m collier said...

Beautiful painting.

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is amazing. Such detail on the face of the watch. You're really, really good. Thanks, Barb

Anonymous said...

Great work!

JEANNE ILLENYE said...

Thank you all for such a warm welcome to the Daily Painters group! Jeanne

naquaiya said...

A stunning painting. Looks like you'd better do more.

JEANNE ILLENYE said...

Thank you to all of you who so warmly extended a welcome to me my first week in the Daily Painters group! I've received so many wonderful comments on this painting via email as well, but I wanted to thank everyone here for your support! Jeanne

fairykin said...

I find it amazing what your eyes sees and what your hand sets out to do.

Jeff Ward said...

This is gold. Excellent work.

JEANNE ILLENYE said...

Thank you for your delightful comment, Crystal! Jeanne

JEANNE ILLENYE said...

Thank you, Jeff, for your wonderful comment! Keep checking as I have something new and exciting planned with this subject in the future!! Jeanne


click image

I was published in Visual Language Magazine

BLESSED

Blessed are those who see beautiful things in humble places where others see nothing.
Anonymous

names of colors A-Z